Happy Wednesday! Today I want to try a new type of post, a DIY! I have never done this before so send me an Email if you want more of these posts!
Today my aunt and I made a shadow box filled with the special items that Emma had when we were going home from the hospital! I felt like it was a great keepsake to hang on our wall instead of packing everything up in a closet.
To do this you will need:
- A shadow box
- Wrapping Paper
- Double sided mounting tape
- Double sided scotch tape
- Colored paper
- Letters or vinyl
- All your baby’s keepsakes
- The first thing we did was wrap the backing of the shadow box with pink and white striped wrapping paper. I used a glue stick to make sure it was secure. This sets up a background of your choosing.
2. The next thing we did was to take all of baby’s keep sales and arrange them on the wrapping paper. It took several tries till we got a look I liked!
3. I wanted to include Emma’s foot and hand prints so I put them into a little frame to make them look a little nicer then an index card.
4. Once everything was organized and in the correct place I used the double sided mounting tape to secure all the items in place!
5. The next step is to place the front of the shadow box over the finished collage. Now you can leave your shadow box like this or you can continue on if you want to make it a little more personal.
6. The next step is to add the baby’s name age weight and length. To do this I used a silhouette machine and attached the printed vinyl to the glass. If you do not have a vinyl machine you can paint the information onto the glass or write the information onto decorative paper and add that to the inside of the shadow box.
And the finished project…
Let me know if you made the shadow box I would love to see your pictures!!
One response to “DIY: Baby Going Home Shadow Box”
[…] a lot of you have reached out to me with photos of your baby’s shadow box you made from my DIY post, they all look amazing! Thank you for sending them […]